Door Devil’s shorter 36″ striker plate is best for 3 reasons:
- Striker plates 48″ and longer require a $10.50 shipping surcharge by Fed Ex and UPS; this cost is baked into the competition’s price.
- This is why competing door security kits are $10 more expensive than Door Devil.
- when you choose them, you are paying for the shipping surcharge; not a better product.
2. longer units pose a higher risk of covering up your alarm sensor
3. longer units have more installation steps ; every installation component is opportunity for something to go wrong; they key is to minimize these opportunities for failure, yet provide you the strongest product.